About Us Careers FAQ Fraud Center Contact Us



aboutUs
 

 

About Us   Our History

Our History

In February 1954, a group of 13 Robins Air Force Base civilian and military personnel signed the application for a charter for Robins Federal Credit Union. The charter read that the field of membership requested was for "civilian employees and commissioned officers of the Department of the Air Force who worked at or had headquarters at Robins Air Force Base, Georgia; employees of this credit union; members of their immediate families; and organizations of such persons." The charter was approved on March 23, 1954, and on April 1, 1954, Robins Federal Credit Union was officially born.

Interest in the new credit union was widespread and support developed rapidly. By December 31, 1954, some 1,776 people had joined the credit union. Deposits totaled $72,139 and 720 loans totaling $119,189 had been made. This was a modest beginning for a financial institution that currently has 19 branch locations, over 140,000 members and more than $1.6 billion in assets.

Robins Federal Credit Union changed to a Community Charter in January of 2000 to offer financial services to all who live, work, attend school or regularly do business in the following 16 counties:

Baldwin · Bibb · Clarke · Crawford · Emanuel · Houston
Jones · Macon · Monroe · Peach · Pulaski
Putnam · Taylor · Telfair · Twiggs · Wilkinson




   sitemap | privacy policy | feedback and suggestions
    
   © 2007 Robins Federal Credit Union. All Rights Reserved. email: robins.direct@robinsfcu.org   478.923.3773   800.241.2405