Should I Get A Credit Card?
Maybe you don’t think you need a credit card because you aren’t spending outside your means. While that is a reasonable financial plan, having a credit card has many benefits that don’t just involve getting into debt. If you have the discipline to pay off your balance each month, here are a few great reasons to carry a credit card:
- Improve Your Credit Rating and Score. Getting a credit card will help establish and improve your credit history, as well as increase your credit score. Your credit score can affect a wide range of payments and the better your score, the less you will have to pay. Without a credit card, your credit history could be sparse — but if you have a card that you make regular purchases on and pay on time, your credit rating will shine. Eligible members with an active Visa® Platinum Rewards card can view their FICO® Score for free in Online Banking.
- Protection and Security. You'll get a lot more security with a credit card than you will with cash or a debit card. Once the cash is gone, it's gone. In addition, debit cards, which are linked to your bank account, can easily help a crook to your wallet if the card is lost or stolen. With a credit card, all it takes is a simple phone call to prevent further loss and identity theft.
- Safe Internet Purchase. Having a credit card can save you money on the items you purchase. Some of the best deals available are now found on the Internet. In many instances, the only way to pay for these Internet purchases is with a credit card. If you don't have a credit card, you may have to pay more for the exact same thing you could have purchased online, not to mention the extra cost of driving to get the item.
- Emergency Purchases. No matter how carefully you save, you could run into an emergency that requires you to spend a lot more money than you planned — like a car accident or a health problem, both of which can turn into big bills. A credit card can get you out of the financial bind an emergency might put you in by letting you spend what you need to spend and pay it off later.
- Proof of Purchases. If you aren’t good at keeping track of receipts, a credit card gives you a complete and detailed summary of your spending each month without the effort of recording every purchase as you would have to do if you paid in cash. This record can be an easy way to help you create a budget and know where your money is going.
- Earn Rewards. Many credit cards provide a reward when you use them. This can be anything from cash back to travel points redeemable for free airline tickets. By using a credit card that gives you a reward, you can actually earn money. Robins Financial’s Visa® Platinum Rewards offers the Scorecard® Rewards Program.
(H2) You Should Consider a Credit Card from a Credit Union
With rising bankcard fees and rates, credit cards from a credit union can make a better choice than a bank-issued card. At Robins Financial Credit Union we offer one of the best credit cards you can carry with our Visa® Platinum Rewards. Accepted worldwide, enjoy a low, non-variable rate on our Visa® Credit Cards. Plus, eligible members with an active Visa® Platinum Rewards card can view their FICO® Score for free in Online Banking. You can review our Visa® Platinum Rewards credit card benefits and apply for one today.