What To Do If Your Card Is Compromised
At Robins Financial Credit Union, we are committed to protecting the safety and security of our members. We have a variety of security measures in place to protect your accounts and information. Unfortunately, no method is 100% foolproof and there may still be a small chance you could be exposed to fraud and have your information compromised. Credit and debit card information is some of the most likely data to be stolen. If your card becomes compromised, we are here to help.
What We Do For You
If your Robins Financial Credit Union debit card or credit card are compromised as a result of fraud, we are here to help you regain control of your finances and walk you through the fraud reporting process.
- First things first, once you report the fraudulent card activity to us, we will place a block on your current card to prevent any further unauthorized charges. You can report your debit or credit card as lost or stolen using any of the following methods:
- In Digital Banking, select Cards in the left menu then select Report a Lost/Stolen Card
- Using Command Call, our 24-hour telephone teller, press option 1 and then option 3
- Contact our Call Center at 478-923-3773 or 800-241-2405 during regular business hours
- Visit a branch during regular business hours
- Next, we will issue you a new card by mail. If you wish to get a new card sooner, you can visit any of our branches and we will print a new debit or credit card. You can request an appointment to report the fraud and replace your card using our online appointment scheduler.
What You Can Do
Once you have reported the fraudulent card activity to us and received your new card, here are some additional steps you can take to get back on your feet in the recovery from card fraud.
- Once you receive your new card, activate it immediately and destroy the old card. We can also destroy the old card for you if you would like, simply bring it in to any branch.
- Update your credit card information to the new card with any merchants, utility companies, and other accounts that you have automatic payments set up with your old card.
- Use Digital Banking to monitor your account for any fraudulent charges or other suspicious activity.
- Download our Card Guard app so you can remotely manage all aspects of your Robins Financial debit and credit cards, including set alerts to help you detect fraud right away.
- Review your credit report for any credit accounts that you don’t recognize such as new credit cards or loan in your name. You are entitled to one free credit report every year from AnnualCreditReport.com
- Review your contact information with Robins Financial Credit Union and update if needed. It’s critical that we have up-to-date contact information on file for you so that we can reach you in the event that we suspect fraud on your account. Our Falcon Fraud Monitoring service will contact you automatically at the phone number on file for your account to verify your transactions. Falcon Fraud calls will come from 866-864-9677, and you can save this number in your contacts so you will know when we are trying to reach you about your card. To ensure we are able to reach you, it’s a good idea to set your cell phone number as the primary contact number for your account rather than a home phone number. You can review and update your contact information by following the steps in our Digital Banking User Guide.
The safety and security of our members is a top priority. Protecting your information works best when we have your help. Let’s work together to keep your accounts protected. To learn more about how we protect our members every day and how you can protect yourself, review our Security and Fraud information online, and watch our Scams and Fraud playlist on YouTube.
At Robins Financial Credit Union, our mission is to enhance the financial well-being of our members and community. We honor this commitment by providing educational content to help you make the most of your finances. Read our other blog articles to help you gain the financial knowledge you need to succeed.